Bugs And Birds Nearly Gone

Compiled by Rense.com
    We’d Like To Hear From You About Your Area
    ContactRense@Earthlink.net

Shocking Cape Cod Bug Report 2018
    From Tabor Johnson
    7-9-18
    Hi Jeff,
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts…the horse-fly, deer-fly, green-head, no-see-um capitol of the world…until now. The men’s changing room at Coast Guard Beach in Eastham has always been a fly horror show nightmare beyond any description. I’ve been coming here over 40 summers now, and memories of the flies there, at Herring Pond, on First Encounter beach around sunset, and of no-see-um’s coming in THROUGH the window screens at night are tattooed on my DNA.
    I have not seen a single fly in that changing room so far this summer. Writing that made me cry, Jeff. Not a single green-head bite at the pond. Not one. My parents and I watched a rare chemical-free sunset last night at the bay and I received only a few tiny no-see-um bites.
    Enjoy the sunset,
    Tab
    Eastham, MA

Deathly Silence In Ontario, Canada
    From Steve
    7-9-18
    Hi Jeff – Steve from Millbrook, Ontario. Yesterday, just after dusk I asked my wife to come out on a gazebo overlooking the yard. I asked her, “what do you notice”? She didn’t know what she was supposed to focus on. I said ‘Listen’. After a few moments, she said, ‘There’s not a single cricket, frog or cicada!’
    Later in the evening she stood at a balcony overlooking the yard. Again…silence. We used to have a cacophony of sounds of nature from dusk til two or three in the morning. Now it is all silent…all night long. I thought…if the insects and frogs are dead, what about the micro organisms in the soil? They must be dead, too.
    Without the micro organisms, what is there to break down the soil and rocks, making the minerals bioavailable to plants? If one picks up bioactive soil with both hands, there are normally 6 billion micro-organisms in that soil. If the soil is dead, it is sterile. What is feeding the plants that are feeding us? We are in trouble, Jeff. Thank you for opening up our eyes and ears to the vanishing world around us. It is getting scary.

Bad News From Ireland
    From Von Moss
    7-8-18
    Hi Jeff – I live in Wexford, Ireland in a very rural area. We usually have hoards of swallows and house martins all round the house. This year, i have counted 8 pairs.The car windscreen is usually covered in bugs, but again, this year, I have hardly had to clean it. Also there are no bats.

Flies, Bugs, Birds Missing In South Carolina
    From Upstate South Carolina
    7-8-18
    Hi Jeff & Rense Readers,
    Even though upstate South Carolina has had above average rainfall this year, there is an absolute lack of mosquitoes that should be abundant. Being a gardener, and wildlife aficionado, a bucket of water is left filled outside for the birds, bees, and wildlife to quench their thirst. In past years, inevitably a harvest of mosquito larvae would appear within several days, along with frog or toad eggs that would be kept alive in the water until they finally metamorphosized in the fall as either toads or frogs.
    This year, 2018, not only have no mosquito wrigglers (larvae) appeared in standing buckets of water but one can sit outside in the early morning or late evening, and not suffer even one mosquito bite. This is quite odd and unusual.
    There are no flies. Normally summer brings houseflies, and horseflies (the kind that bite you). Only one housefly has been observed this entire year, and that observation is what started the brain ticking to go ahead and write in to you guys.
    Only two swallowtail butterflies have been seen this year, and so far, no cabbage moths which are usually present in high numbers.
    What are present in much overabundance are yellowjackets and wasps. There are fewer honeybees present than last year although that could be ascribed to the week of 20 degree weather that occurred in upstate SC in the winter.
    No bluejays have been seen this year. Only a few robins appeared in the Spring and have not been seen since. The red-headed sparrows, and common sparrows appear quite frequently at the feeders. There are 2 families of redbirds, one lone hummingbird, and several mourning doves.
    For all of your readers, Bee Balm (shades of red, and purple) and ‘Mexican’ Petunia (member of the mint family) are hardy perennials that will help provide nectar and pollen for hummingbirds and bees.
    …A Reader from upstate South Carolina

Vanishing Life In Ontario, Canada
    From Steve
    In Millbrook, Ontario. Canada
    7-8-18
    I live in a small village an hour north east of Toronto. This summer, July 2018, there are very few butterflies and almost no monarchs. Used to see bats at dusk, but not any more. Turtles used to be a common occurrence in crossing roads, not any more. Honey bees, very few. I have cherrie trees and mulberry trees on my lot so they attract a lot of birds. But the bird diversity is down and there are fewer birds. Fewer worms in the ground, too. It must be a combination of GMOs as we have a lot of farms around us, chemtrail particulates coming down with the rain and in the air, and possibly Fukushima radiation.
    Jeff, I have been following you for about 20 years and take this opportunity to thank you for the education.
    Thank you, Steve

Huge Population Reductions Of Birds And Bugs In LA Area
    From Steve
    San Gabriel Valley, East Of LA
    7-7-18
    I’ve lived here since the early 1980s and have watched as local wildlife populations declined sharply. Mind that there has been essentially no new development here, or in our surrounding mountains, that might account for the drastic changes.
    In years past, Spring would bring swarms of June bugs to darken our windows and screen door at night, but now I haven’t seen a single one in years. Same for large black beetles, almost thumb sized, that used to roam our sidewalks at night. Ditto for everything from caterpillars and moths to snails. And we used to have Argentine ants swarming constantly around trash cans, along driveways and in the garden. All gone… every…. last… one!
    The bird populations that are mainly bug eaters have consequently plummeted as well. While we still see seed eating birds like finches, mocking birds have had their numbers greatly reduced. They used to sing day and night, now there’s just a few. Even after we had that wet winter the year before, there was no noticeable upward spike in our bug population afterwards.
    Not sure of the cause, but I see it as a ‘canary in the coal mine’ for sure.

From Kurt Ruppert
    June 21, 2018
    I just want to pass this to Jeff. I’m living in a suburb of Atlanta, Ga. The insect population is way down. The light bulb over my front door attracts the same number of bugs that we use to see in the WINTER timer. The lake by my house once attracted a large population of bats, now, there are none. We have a year round population of ducks and geese on the lake. So far this year, we have had two female ducks produce at total of 5 babies between them. None of the geese have had any of their eggs hatch. There is a mother goose who always makes a nest in my yard. She actually buried her egg in the ground. I’ve never seen that. Also, we have wasps, yellow jackets, half sized bumble bees but absolutely no honey bees.
    I bring up this subject with people and they look at me like I’ve grown another head.
    Kurt Ruppert Marietta, Ga.

From Gene in Idaho
    June 14, 2018
    Subject: I just came back from vacation in Oregon. Here is my report.
    I sent it to Oregon state on June 6 and am still waiting for a reply…
    Hello…
    I tried to call Oregon State University earlier to hopefully speak to an Oceanographer about my recent trip to Seaside, Oregon.
    Being from Honolulu and Northern California, I am very familiar with the Pacific Ocean and the masses of species it is a habitat for.
    On a several day vacation trip to Seaside, Oregon, I was astonished to see no marine plants, nothing living at the high tide line and the complete lack of any mussels, oysters, plankton, starfish, crabs, sea lions, sea otters, and a hundred other things I can’t think to name. Also it seems there is no more seaweed, kelp or other species of marine plants.
    Can someone PLEASE enlighten this OLD Man?
    It looked Biblical in size and nature to me. I am Astonished, Concerned and I find it beyond belief how barren the stretch beach is from Astoria, Oregon to almost Newport. All the roadside stops along the way, the beaches and places that used to have LIFE in ABUNDANCE were BARREN.
    There was no birds to speak of and just a couple dozen seagulls were on the beach. There were no BUGS either. I looked for ANYTHING alive but only found a couple garden snails in the brush behind the hotel we stayed in. The only thing alive beside the people were the dogs at the hotel. Seriously, it was eerily silent. The only thing that appeared alive on the shoreline was some sort of THING. It was blue in color, round, a little bigger than a silver dollar and had a translucent ‘hood’ it had raised. It was like a coin flipped up on end. There were 2 of them near the high tide line and the tide was out.
    The tide line had 2 or 3 corpses of crabs about 4 inches across…just the shell tops. And maybe a dozen or so that were just 2 inches across.
    If a man was hoping to fish and live off the ocean, he would DIE. Oh, and there were NO BOATS out…no fishing boats AT ALL
    Gene – Idaho

From Michael Walsh
    June 19, 2018
    Subject: Bird and insect decline
    Hi from Rochdale, Pennine Hills…UK
    I’ve seen swallows on the same phone lines since I came here 16 yrs ago. August 2015 – 80 swallows on the lines, Aug 2016 – there were about 40 on the lines. This year, 2018, there are 4. There are no bugs on the front of the car, for years…and I live in the country, There are very few bees and wasps left.

From Edward Volek
    June 19, 2018
    Subject: Death of wildlife on the east coast of Florida
    Dear Jeff,
    When I moved to Florida in 2007, there was an abundance of insects and wildlife . Since 2011, that has all changed. There are longer millions of June Bugs, bees, spiders or other insects. Even
    the wild life population has almost disappeared. Turtles, frogs, lizards and other species are no longer in the numbers that were here prior to 2011. May God have mercy on those who are responsible..
    Ed Volek

From Henry Blair
    6-4-18
    Hi Jeff,
    Just saw the (Alaska no bugs) story posted on your website and wanted to comment. I live in west central Wisconsin, only a few miles from the Minnesota boarder and less than a mile from a major wildlife preserve. In that past, June was the worst month of the year because of the massive amount of bugs – swarms of mosquitoes and gnats, lots of ticks, etc. But starting last year, they seemed to be far, far less. And this year, 2018, they are all but totally gone. On June 1st, I spent several hours outside without spraying any bug repellant or taking any other precaution. So far this year, I have not seen a single mosquito and only one very small tick. It is weird — very nice, actually — but weird all the same.
    Sincerely,
    Hank Blair

From Fairbanks, AK
    6-4-18
    Hey Jeff! 67…in Alaska entire life. Have a knack for noticing things others do not. 2010 I began to realize that the bug populations were dramatically decreased to say the least.
    I was for the next few years living and working in different locations outside of home town Fairbanks. In other words, locales that would certainly have a lot of bugs being that far from the city. Still very few bugs. Some say the mosquitoes are thick about 20 miles out but what they don’t know is it used to be 10 times worse, easy.
    Now it’s June 2018, and wow, I am right in the middle of the town but I see only 1 mostquito and almost no birds…it’s way off the map. Jeff, you are the only one I have seen who gets this. Nobody I ever have mentioned it to has a clue. They just dont see. Thanks for being there, Jeff. Keep up the good work. Sooner or later Jones, for example, is going to have to admit you were right about a lot of things all along. 🙂

From Sharon Armbrust
    Subject Birds, bees, other insects
    9-6-17
    I live in south central Ohio in a rural community and I have also observed fewer birds and almost no insects. Porch lights at night usually attract moths and other flying insects. There are almost none. Trips in the car — rarely a bug on the windshield. Few bees. I do flower gardening and see few bees of any kind. Fewer than last year.
    Also rarely see wild rabbits, skunks, raccoons, groundhogs. For several years now, I have not seen turtles crossing the roadways. Years ago I rescued many, many turtles crossing busy roads, carrying them across the road in the direction in which they were traveling.
    Squirrels seem to be doing well.
    I struggle with my energy level being low.
    This is frightening.

From Kenneth Drescher
    September 4, 2017
    My wife made a recent trip back to West Newton, Pa to visit the kids and grandkids. She called me and said she has only seen two lightning bugs in three weeks. This was in June and July, 2017. Twenty years ago there were so many lightning bugs at night our kids would chase and catch them all the time. We live in Arizona now and there are no lightning bugs here. There is a lot of fracking going on all over that area now. The nights used to be alive with lightning bugs, crickets, katydids and tree toads. This really needs an investigation. We grew up with lightning bugs and it is a shame that’s kids of today and tomorrow may never see one.

From Kent Cook
    9-5-17
    Hi Jeff, the wife and I drove down to Silver Lake, Oregon this last Saturday and the whole front and windshield of the truck got covered with bugs. So, things are good in southeastern Oregon at least!
    Thx
    Kent Cook

From Melvin Bennett
    Subject Bug Report From North Carolina
    9-5-17
    Hi Jeff,
    Been listening to your show for about 15 years now I guess. You are a part of my daily ritual and thank you so much for all the information and wonderful informative guests you book on the show.
    Now for the bug/bird report, and I’ve been asking people around the country I talk to; the very same question for the last several years. ‘Where have all the bugs and birds gone?’ Most have all said the same thing, a general decline in birds and bugs, where ever they live in the midwest like Wisconsin and Ohio, to the east in Pennsylvania and Virginia.
    Bird population came back a little this year from the previous 2 to 3 years of almost no birds at all. They use to be all over the place, flying between the condo buildings and all over the property here in Charlotte, NC. There were blue jays fighting with cardinals over turf, so to speak. No more.
    We have several ponds on the property that attracted Canadian geese and ducks, and that population is way down as well. In fact, only 2 geese mated and produced 8 little ones, earlier in the summer. They must have moved on after their offspring grew big enough to fly. Because they disappeared. Also at night there would be dozens of frogs in these ponds, croaking away in the evening and night. That hardly exists anymore either.
    Bees have not been around at all for several years. This summer and last. a distinct lack of mosquitoes (which is alright with me) and even the occasional pest of the housefly buzzing around the inside of your windows, did not occur even once this summer. Haven’t seen a firefly this summer either, when there use to be dozens.
    The only thing that seems to thrive around here, are hornets and wasps, since they are heartier insects than the honey bee. They must be protected somehow better than other flying pests. Not many spiders as well, only one had the nerve to build a web on my patio deck this summer. And lawn Rabbits can be seen in the evening and night, hard to tell whether their population is down or not, since they multiply pretty good.
    So, it appears they are doing a good job of killing off, the lower forms of life from Coast to Coast. God knows what this means for the human race and life in general on Planet Earth.
    Hope you are well !
    Best Regards,
    Bob

Subject: Mississippi
    8-11-17
    In August, its understood. Every August, my grandparents, and my parents would say, every time we’d go outside, “Be careful….yellow jackets are working.” From June til frost, it was our responsibility to avoid getting stung. If there was a nest right in your face, you had to address it, and the only option was lethal chemicals. If there was a nest right in your face, respect would shift from respect for nature to frantic self-preservation. If there was a nest right in your face, the last thing that would have occurred to you was that the day would come when you’d worry about what had happened to the wasps. This is the day.
    I’ve watched all summer for the beginnings of nests in places I frequent. Places that have, for the 58 years I’ve been here, always had several. There’s only one on the farm that I suspect…in the back of the barn, and I’ve not laid eyes on a wasp all summer until today, when a red wasp flew near me….and I rejoiced.
    One garden spider installed a nest, but she only lasted a week. When once there’d be 30 cardinals, dozens of chickadees and nuthatches, sparrows, finches, and a number of woodpeckers daily, now the numbers are maybe a third of that. The red squirrels no longer reach their full size. There are still bees, but their numbers are few. Since spring, at least 30 turtles have left the pond and died at about 100 ft. from the water. Mosquitoes are terrible, but there have been few days this summer without rain. Poison ivy and briars were growing at astronomical rates even in early spring. And, of course, everything has bloomed and matured 3 to four weeks early. I love knowing what others are experiencing. Is there any other site devoted to this kind of journaling?
    Ginger Green
    West central Mississippi

Subject: No Butterflies
    8-12-17
    I’m in Hampshire UK. The garden is like a dead zone. The butterfly shrub, has no thing on it. As a child, in the 1970’s I remember same bush bristling alive with dozens of butterflies. This year, to start, there were none. Mid summer a few now and then. To be honest, now, the only place I see butterflies is on television. However, even these aren’t real butterflies because it’s an animated advert to sell more toxic plastic junk. In my opinion, as a BSC university graduate, the neonicitinoid farming chemicals have created a paradigm shift. Really done some deep down damage that has set the eco system into a death spiral.

8-11-17
    Hello again, folks…
    Spring and parts of early Summer brought waves of songbirds to central Arkansas. I haven’t seen any lately except the big black crows and a few fat robins, typical of the number of survivors by season’s end.
    Insects were heavy at first, but levels have gone up and down. I got 8 tick bites around May-June, but not a single one since on the same wild food forest site. Butterflies are common, mosquitos too, in places. Oddly, the incident of knats & chigger bites has been quite random too. They are definitely moving through in small swarms.
    Tom

From Deb Lozensky
    8-7-17
    Hello Jeff Rense,
    Great show tonight! Thank-you for your great site and radio show! I listen every day.
    I live in ND. There was a period last fall where I said to my husband “What happened to all the birds?” They just seemed to disappear overnight. But this summer, I have in my yard Sparrows, Robins, Doves, Blackbirds, Finches, etc. and lots of babies! We also have more bugs and mosquitos than I want! We are having a drought this year, so I give them fresh water every day and when I water my garden. They are all there looking for worms, especially the robins. Our skies are blue and I see very few chemtrails lately. Again, Love your work.

From Jason
    Location – Yorkshire England
    7-21-17
    Hi Jeff
    I can report a lack of bugs here in the north of England. I live in a lush green rural area with plenty of bird life, however very few bugs on the car windshield or radiator grill. We have local beekeepers, still plenty of bees buzzing around the garden, but the car should be covered in bug splats, it hasn’t been washed all year. A point to note is that this is a cattle and sheep grazing area and very little pesticide is used around here.
    In the west of England we still have some fields that are contaminated with Ceasium from Chernobyl. No livestock are allowed to be grazed on the contaminated fields. In the aftermath of Chernobyl we retained our bug population. Never see chem-trails up here the sky is bright blue, much bluer than in the USA.
    Having hung out in New England for some time last year i was shocked that i never heard bird song in the morning, or for that matter ever saw anything other than turkey buzzards. I noticed a lack of bugs there last year, i also noticed that the sky in the USA always seemed to be the wrong colour, ie washed out white with a halo around the sun.
    Keep up the good work, Jeff
    Jason

From Barry Egerton
    6-25-17
    Jeff, Thanks for all you do.
    I was able to leave the West Coast do in part to all your information. It took me a year after Fukashima to get out and move back to Calgary, Alberta from Vancouver BC. I was also able to convince others to leave.
    It was hot as hell in Vancouver during the initial fallout which amounted to about half the radiation that Tokyo was getting, coming down in the rain.
    I am happy to report that there are plenty of bugs and birds in the eastern foothills of the Rockies,
    I have a friend who lives in the interior of BC who tells me that the bugs and birds situation is still normal. However, the Adams River salmon run is greatly reduced and all of the fish returning from the Pacific are covered with white tumors that go all the way through the flesh.
    Evidence Fukushima Radiation Heavily
    Circles The Entire Northern Hemisphere

Date: September 1, 2016
    Hi Jeff,
    Same issue here in Ireland. No bugs!! I’ve never been a fly killer, but now I’m seriously aware we need to protect the insects. No insects= no pollination

Date: August 5, 2016 at 8:21:29 AM PDT
    To:
    Subject: Bug Report
    Hi Jeff… I live in Oklahoma City, and this summer we have had ample rain. Everything is green and leafy, so there should be an abundance of bugs. Even in drier years there can be plenty of them. But this summer, the bug count is well below what it has been in the past.
    On the property of the house where I live, we have 2 large night lights mounted on power poles. In summers past, there would be a cloud of bugs around them…as well as the porch light at the front door…you would have to fight the bugs to get in the door. Not the case this year. There are a few…but just a few. Even last year, there were more than now and many more 2-3 years ago.
    I just played a show done by Josh Tolley and he said in Wisconsin he would walk thru the grasses and the grasshoppers would be jumping out of the grass…but he hasn’t seen one in 3 or 4 years.
    Thank you for all the years of information. Long time listener, going back to the mid-90s.
    Paul

Date: August 3, 2016
    To: ContactRense@earthlink.net
    Subject: Lack of bugs
    Anyone who has driven in California’s Central Valley has known how messy your radiator, chrome and windows become, encrusted with hundreds of huge, juicy agricultural insects.
    In the recent past a trip across the valley would mean a trip to the car wash.
    This past month of July 2016 I drove across the Central Valley from Yuba City to Clear Lake. No bugs. I drove down Highway 5 to Merced. No bugs. I drove back to Yuba City.
    My Son and I laughed when one medium sized bug hit the windshield near Stockton. One Bug!
    Last year I had visits from about 3 mosquitos. This year I saw only one mosquito.
    I do not see many birds now in the Sierra Nevada foothills. These forested hills previously teemed with bugs, birds and critters. As I walk along I search for critters like ants, grasshoppers and beetles. I very rarely see any.
    This forest is becoming too quiet.
    Fireflies Vanishing Along With Other Flying Insects
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/features/trend/experts_fear_firefly_lightning_bug_populations_disappearing_in_a_flash/59071807

Date: August 3, 2016 at 12:03:31 PM PDT
    To:
    Subject: Dying Insects Central WV
    Hi Jeff
    Love the show, especially love the Yochi and Dana episodes.
    You are correct, almost no one else talks about Fukushima.
    I live in the almost Geographic center of WV… a couple miles from it.
    It’s heavily-wooded and rural, the whole county only has about 11,000 people.
    I’m 43, so I remember before all the craziness started.
    I have seen a major decline in both insects, birds and creek life. The yard used to be full of birds years ago, the creeks used to be full of minows and crawcrabs (crawfish). Looking out my window onto the 10 acres of meadow beside my house on this warm summer afternoon I don’t see or hear 1 bird. The creek is literally empty of life (especially compared to the life it used to have when I was a kid).
    As far as bugs, there are still a few, mostly wasps… (haven’t seen a fly in the house or outside at all for a few years) the lighting bug population is way down (they used to be every where in the summers). We still have some spiders, but I can jog around the field in the evening without a shirt and not get bitten by anything.
    I also don’t have to clean my windshield at all anymore ( and I only wash my car about twice a year, the rain washes off the dirt mostly). The windshield never needs cleaned at all. It was cicada season, as a kid they would be so thick in the yard you almost could not go outside… I think I saw 3 this year.
    I find the radiation numbers in this week in your radation so high there hard to believe, there damn scary if true. When I have the money I am going to buy a radiation detector so I can test for myself. I have a Radex picked out I heard you recommend on Amazon.
    As Far as the county… when I grew up no one locked there doors here, everyone was friendly. People would gather in groups every where on Fri and Sat nights and hang out, talk, and socialize.
    Now Meth and Pills have basically wiped the place out… along with the coal mines shutting down. We actually have herion overdoses occur on a regular basis. The county is empty after dark even on weekends (I mean no one). We had 2 deputies and 1 state police when I was in high school. Now we have almost 30. Pretty much they keep everything locked down so no one goes out unless they have to.
    Also people don’t visit much anymore, they don’t talk to each other at the grocery store. (I am guilty of that, just get in and get out before I have to talk to anyone). I used to love to hike, and take drives, hang out with friends. Now I am glued to the internet day in and day out (just like everyone else)… nothing else to do. Atleast I try to watch informative stuff. Catherine Fitts Jay Weidner, Joeseph Ferral, Gerald Celente on your show (people along those lines), etc.
    It’s sad… it’s such a waste and so stupid that the world has been driven to this…and by design.
    Anyway that’s what I see happening here…
    Love the Show
    Jeremy

Date: August 3, 2016 at 12:43:06 AM PDT
    To: ContactRense
    Subject: the biosphere (or lack thereof)
    My grandma, a few weeks ago, complained about no birds in her neighborhood, say 6-7 miles SE of downtown Denver.
    I am 10 blocks E of downtown, and there is only the slightest decline in bird and bug activity. we’ve got squirrels & many crows, that do their daily sunrise & sunset hell raising session. we’ve got insects, bees, flies, wasps, and my nightly mano y mano battle with the occasional mosquito lookin for blood, continues. we have raptors, that i heard and saw in the trees this afternoon, and the only bird i dislike, the flying pooh device, pigeons. why this area does not reflect your findings I do not know.
    thank you so very much for your work, there is a reason the attempt on your life did not succeed. May God have mercy on us for what we have, and continue to do to our mother Earth.
    -dylan

Date: August 3, 2016 at 3:34:08 AM PDT
    To: ContactRense@earthlink.net
    Subject: bugs
    Hi Jeff,
    I am in southwest Georgia, and this place is crawling in gnats, mosquitoes and flies during the summer. They are out in force this year, but I did notice that the gnats were late. They make their appearance in mid April to early May and this year there was a marked absence of them for several weeks. It was enough to comment on at any rate. I think it would be a good idea to map the reports on the insects and layer them over any radiation tracking maps and see if there is any correlation.
    All the best.

From Ron xxxxxx
    Date: August 2, 2016 at 1:17:31 PM PDT
    To:
    Subject: NO BUGS
    Hi Jeff…My name is Ron xxxxxxx, I live in a very nice trailer park in the foot hills of the Gallatin mountains, in the small town of Emigrant, Montana which is located about thirty north of the north entrance of Yellowstone Park. My mobile home has a stream flowing right next to it and there is on the property a small pond. Four years ago you could not go outside in the summer unless you wanted to be attacked by millions of mosquitoes and flies. Last year there were some mosquitoes but they hid out in the tall grasses and would only come out when one walked through the grass. I got bit maybe six times all summer.
    This year, I have not seen a single Mosquito and I have seen only the occasional fly. The pond on the property which is only about three hundred feet from our mobile should be an ideal breeding ground for the mosquitos but they are gone. I have had not one single bite this year. I travel around the state on business which I do a lot of outdoor arts and craft shows. I use to get bit constantly, but this year not one single bite. I walk my dogs around the pond every morning and I really enjoyed watching all the Dragon flies, but this year they are all gone as well.

Date: August 2, 2016 at 6:38:48 PM PDT
    To:
    Subject: fyi, bugs, etc.
    Hi Jeff:
    I’ve sent emails to you about this over the past couple years. For approximately 20 years I’ve driven frequently in the OH, WV, PA, and VA areas (Appalachia/rust belt). I recall trips where after say 3-5 hours of driving the front of the vehicle was covered in bugs. The past 2-3 years I’ve noticed this is not the case anymore. Few bees, wasps, yellow jackets and the high amount of other flying insects such as flies, dragon flies, butterflies, mayflies are also absent. We did have a good hatch of 13 and 17 year locust (cicada) in the part of OH where I’m originally from. If it is weather related you would think that the cicada would not have had such a good hatch. Very worrisome. Thus far I can’t say that I see a huge decline in birds but I’m being more watchful now.
    STEW

Date: August 2, 2016 at 2:08:54 PM PDT
    To: Jeff Rense
    Subject: YES — VERY FEW BIRDS!
    I just drove around the edge of Little Rock on an errand and did not see one bird in the sky, none on the wires, none on the ground. When I got home, I did hear some in the trees, but there are very few to speak of.
    A few Big nasty blackbirds tried to get my figs the other day. I’ll let you know if they return. They do have the ability to eat more than other smaller species.
    Tom

Source: https://rense.com/general96/birdsbugs.htm

The topic ‘Bugs and Birds Nearly Gone – Reports – 07/09/2018’ is closed to new replies.