Environmental warfare is "defined as (1) the intentional modification
of a system of the natural ecology, such climate and weather, earth systems such
as the ionosphere, magnetosphere, tectonic plate system, and/or the triggering
of seismic events (earthquakes) (2) to cause intentional physical, economic, and
psycho-social, and physical destruction to an intended target geophysical or
population location, (3) as part of strategic or tactical war.
Weapons Developed in Secret
"Environmental war however carried out is almost always a violation of the 1977 United Nations Treaty against modification of the
environment. Thus, environmental weapons are developed in secret, and acts of
environmental war are carried out covertly, as both environmental weapons and
war are illegal under international law. Environmental war is generally carried
out as a strategic deception (Psyops).
"Environmental war weapons systems can include chemtrails, chemical weapons
systems (climate and weather modification) and electromagtnetic weapons systems
(climate and weather modification; seismic warfare).
"Some definitions of environmental war are more broad. For example, the use
of Depleted Uranium in the Yugoslavia war has been termed
Source: Ecology News.
Reference to "environmental warfare" is often made as to ENMOD for
"environmental modification techniques".
"The term for enviromental modification by humans is ENMOD. It refers to
altering ocean currents, depletion of the ozone layer or production of
greenhouse gases. Since 1946 ENMOD has included weather modification, primarily
via cloud seeding in attemptes to remove fog from airports, make it rain and
augment snowpacks. In the 1950s, ENMOD held a convention to prohibit nations
from using weather modification as a weapon. Since the 1960s governments have
tried to alter the upper atmosphere by dumping copper needles into the
ionosphere trying to create an artificial ionospheric to enhance the reliability
of radio communications. They also tried launching chemicals and suggested
bacteries as well for communications enhancements. In the 50s and 60s 300
megatons of nuclear bombs were exploded in the atmospheres which released large
amounts of charged and radioactive particles as well as over 40,0000
electromagnetic pulses. Between 1962 and 1983 hurricane modification experiments
tried seeding with silver iodide which seemed to reduce peripheral winds by 10%.
"Today radio frequency technology is attempting to use ionospheric heating to
change temperature and alter weather. Heating the ionosphere (35 miles above the
surface) can have the effect of reducing the air density in the region beneath
the heating (as the column of air rises). This would be an effective defense
weapon as incoming missiles would lose trajectory and fall short of their mark.
Radio waves used to heat the ionosphere would interact with the charged
particles found at that altitude. This would create a magnetic phenomena known
as a mirror force which would push that section of air upward and outward. The
radio waves could change the atmosphere to act as a lense for focusing sunlight
and heat a specific part of the earth or manipulate local wind patterns. It
could alter jetstream patterns to increase rain in drought areas and even reduce
devastating hurricanes. There is a device on the drawing boards to accomplish
just this. The caution is that by fooling around with nature, we may unleash
irreversible damage and change our entire planet's atmosphere."
Reports, Laws & Legislation
- Weather Modification Reporting Act of 1972 (Public Law 92-205) re
National Weather Modification Policy Act of 1976 (Public Law 94-490, Sections
1-6(a), October 13, 1976, 90 Statute 2359-2361, U.S. Code, U.S. House of
Representatives. Also see U.S. Code, Title 15, Chapter 9A: "Weather
Modification Activities or Attempts; Reporting Requirement" (current August 1, 2005; most recently
processed by the Legal Information Institute May 13, 2006).
- "Weather As A Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather In 2025.
Military Applications of Weather Modification." A Research Paper Presented
To Air Force 2025, August 1996. (Paper by Col Tamzy J. House, Lt Col James B.
Near, Jr., LTC William B. Shields (USA), Maj Ronald J. Celentano, Maj David M.
Husband, Maj Ann E. Mercer, and Maj James E. Pugh.)
- "Strategic Plan for the U.S. Climate Change Science
Program" (CCSP). A Report by the Climate Change Science Program and the
Subcommittee on Global Change Research, July 2003.
- Lorie Kramer, "Patently Obvious. A Partial History of Aerosol and Weather
Related Technologies," Seektress, July 30, 2003. List of related
- "Weather Modification Science and Space
Hearing," Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation,
Science and Space Subcommittee and Disaster Prevention and Prediction
Subcommittee, November 10, 2005.
- Air Force 2025
Project (Last updated December
Modification Information Act (R.S., 1985, c. W-5).
- Weather Modification Act (RSBC 1996) Chapter 486. Repealed by
the Water, Land and Air Protection Statutes Amendment Act, 2003, SBC2003, c.
90, s. 21, effective November 20, 2003 (Royal Assent).
- Weather Modification Information Act, 2003.
Articles & Commentary
- James DeMeo, "Cloudbusting is not 'Weather Modification'," adapted from
article of same name in Pulse of the Planet 4:116, 1993. (Orgone
Biophysical Research Laboratory, Inc.)
- Dr. Arnold Barnes, "Weather Modification," Test Technology Symposium '97: "The
Army After Next. How Will We Test?", U.S.
Army Developmental Test Command.
- Jim Wilson, "Weather Wars," Popular Mechanics,
February 1, 1997.
- "Secretary of Defense Reveals Earthquake and Volcano
Weapons," Department of Defense briefing (Memory Hole), April
- Ryan Azlein, Treat Review: "Convention on the Prohibition of
Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques
("ENMOD")," University of California, Berkeley, November 10, 1997.
- "Weather Control and the Drug War. An Interview
with Bob Fletcher," New Dawn Magazine, March/April 1998.
- Jon E. Dougherty, "Air Force's weather-modification plans. By 2025,
paper predicts it will be the ultimate weapon," WorldNetDaily, January 18, 1999.
- Nico Stehr, "Man-Made Weather: A Weapon of the Future?," Toward
Freedom, November 2000.
- Michel Chossudovsky, "Climate Change: Washington's New World Order Weapons," Ratical.org, November 26,
- Michel Chossudovsky, "Washington's New World Order Weapons Have the Ability to Trigger
Climate Change," Third World Resurgence, January 2001 [Global
Research (Canada)), January 4, 2002].
- Michel Chossudovsky, "Weather Warfare. A New World Order weapon could
trigger climate change," Toward Freedom, March 2001.
- "NATO Used Weather Warfare in Serbia," Emperors
Clothes, March 15, 2001.
- Michel Chossudovsky, ">http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=CHO20020104&articleId=205
"Washington's New World Order Weapons Have the Ability to Trigger Climate
Change," January 4, 2002 (Global Research (Canada), June 17, 2005).
- Bob Fitrakis, "When
the Army Owns the Weather," Columbus Alive (AlterNet),
February 5, 2002: "Evidence of the Pentagon's interest in manipulating mother
nature abounds. How come the public knows nothing about it?"
- Bob Fitrakis, "Weather warfare. Controlling Mother Nature is a
key part of the military's 'Full Spectrum Dominance' plan," Columbus
Alive, May 16, 2002.
- Keith Harmon Snow, "Weather Warfare: The Invisible U.S. Military Offensives in
Weather Weaponry," All Things Pass, July 2002.
- Scott Gilbert, "Environmental Warfare and US Foreign Policy: The Ultimate Weapon
of Mass Destruction," Global Research (Canada), January 2004.
- Noah Schactman, " NASA Funds Sci-Fi Technology," WIRED News, May 7,
- "Raytheon Wins Joint Environmental Toolkit
Contract," PR Newswire, September 1, 2004.
- Michel Chossudovsky, "The Ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction: 'Owning the Weather'
for Military Use," Global Research (Canada), September 27, 2004.
- Robin McKie, "Space age plan to tame might of hurricanes.
Microwave radiation and controlled oil slicks could change the path and sap
the power of tropical storms," The Observer (UK), October 10, 2004.
- "Methods of Artificial Weather Manipulation(AWM) help
agriculture, devastate the enemy and control the world economy," India
Daily, March 27, 2005.
- "New hardware and software battle weather control warfare â€“ the
race to win the ionosphere," India Daily, April 10, 2005.
- "Manipulating weather with the help of extraterrestrial
electromagnetic radiationâ€“ a new phase in contemporary cold war,"
India Daily, June 5, 2005.
- "Artificial cyclones can be created and guided by massive
electromagnetic force fields," India Daily, June 18, 2005.
- "Special unit of Russian aviation uses cement
particles and acids to change weather. The weather in Moscow depends on the
financial capacity of a client," Pravda, June 23, 2005.
- Drake Bennett, "Don't like the weather? Change it. The weird
science of weather modification makes a comeback," Boston Globe,
July 3, 2005.
- "Guiding the hurricanes and typhoons with strange beamed laser
like energies â€“ another reverse engineered technology from extraterrestrial
UFOs," India Daily, July 12, 2005.
- "Weather War? New evidence suggests US & Russia
are embroiled in an illegal race to harness the power of hurricanes &
earthquakes," The Daily Express (UK) July 16, 2005 (Global
Research (Canada), October 8, 2005).
- "Weather manipulation research reaches a new height â€“ guiding
cyclones to a specific target," India Daily, July 22, 2005.
- William Thomas, "Chemtrails Out of the Closet?" Convergence
Weekly, August 17, 2005.
- Mary-Sue Halliburton, "Weather Modification a Long-Established, Though Secretive,
Reality," Pure Energy Systems News, September 6, 2005.
- Alister Doyle, "Katrina Fuels Global Warming Storm," Reuters (Common
Dreams), September 9, 2005.
- Leonard David, "U.S. Military Wants to Own the Weather," Space.com, October 31, 2005.
- Michel Chossudovsky, "Environmental Warfare and Climate Change. The
World's climate can be modified by a new generation of sophisticated
electromagnetic weapons," Global Research (Canada), November 27,
- Greg Simmons, "Bill May Renew U.S. Weather Control Efforts," Fox News, December 8, 2005.
- Sharon Weinberger, "Just Over the Horizon," Defense Technology
International, January/February 2006. re "atmospheric plasma"/Plasma
Point Defense, Microwave Ionosphere Reconfiguration Ground-based Emitter
(MIRAGE) by Research Support Instruments, Princeton, NJ.
- I. Tsareva, "Weapons of the Future - Weather, Plasma and
Money," LoRe, February 2, 2006.
- "Rosalind Peterson on the weather modification bill,"
Holmestead (Canada), March 2006, with updates.
- "Special Report: 'Toxic Sky'?" NBC4.TV News (Los Angeles, CA), May 3, 2006; Updated May 24,
- "China Makes Artificial Rain for Beijing,"
Associated Press, May 5, 2006.
- Chris Williams, "China moves to enslave Mother Nature. Weather bows
to state hose-down operation," The Register (UK), May 5, 2006.
- Rosalind Peterson, "Controversial Experimental Weather Modification
Bill in US Congress," Global Research (Canada), May 11, 2006.